Dis-Chem has opportunities available for graduates to join the group for a 12-month internship programme. Candidates will work closely within the Store Health Department to gain invaluable work experience while promoting and selling Dis-Chem Health focus products. Graduates who completed programmes in the following fields may apply:
- Health Science
- Sports Nutrition
- Completed a diploma (3-4 years) with a recognised University of Technology related fields above.
- African, Coloured, Indian, Male/Females
- 18 -26 years
Function and duties:
- Maximize the relevant category turnover and profit within the health department.
- Assisting customers, ensuring optimal service within the health category.
- Manage, deal and report customer complaints and compliments.
- Ensure that a high standard of merchandising and displays are maintained in the health department.
- Implement promotional displays and merchandising.
- Follow administrative processes and procedures, including but not limited to weekly returns, stock control and monitoring of stock levels.
- Ensure stock rotation on FIFO (First in, first-out) basis.
- Conduct monthly promotions and actively promote the Dis-Chem brand.
- Knowledge of retail, sales, customer service, Health product knowledge and stock control
- English – Read, write and speak
- Basic financial knowledge
- Be a team player
- Customer service orientated - Be able to deal with customer complaints and queries
- Be able to work according to a task schedule
- Good time management
- 2nd Additional Language.
- Be able to read and interpret sales and stock reports.
- Promotions, personal selling, sales targets, customer liaison, product knowledge
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- Driver’s license and/ or own reliable transport
- Be able and willing to work Retail Hours – Weekends/Public Holidays and Overtime
Remuneration and benefits:
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN A MONTH AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
To apply Click here